Changes to my study programme

Hello how are you? Today I come to talk a little about my career and what I would change about it. As you followers of my blog know, I study journalism at the University de Chile. In general, I like my career, even so there are some things that I would change about the curriculum of the career.
One thing that I would like to have in my career are more practical subjects, where the use of cameras, making offices, making informative notes and production are deepened. This is even more so considering that I am from the generation that had those practical branches in the pandemic, where we saw almost all of its content remotely, which made learning difficult. Another thing that I would add would be more journalistic electives on various topics, dealing with culture, international, sports, entertainment, justice, politics, among others. There are already these types of branches in the degree, however we can only take two during the time that our studies last, which means that we leave aside sections of journalism that are just as important. I would replace these with the so-called EFBs, which are basic training electives, which are mostly boring branches and which, in my opinion, do not contribute as much, although that does not mean that there are interesting EFBs with a great contribution to our development as journalists. Finally, I would increase the salary of all the English teachers, since they are very nice and their classes are always entertaining.

Comentarios

  1. I agree with the part When You talk About the lack of journalistic electives. I would have liked know more About culture and international journalism.

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

My favorite piece of technology

Things I will do after quarantine

Why did you choose to study this degree?